Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Arrival of a New Life...

Well, I have officially made it to Kansas City.  I can't say that I'm all moved in, because since I'm living at my sister's it is only temporary.  I will be able to afford my own place soon though.  I should be getting my official job offer tomorrow when I go in for my follow-up, and I will start working on Tuesday.  I hope everything goes well, I really need to have some sort of income to start working my way out of this hole.  I think that everyone goes through rough times in life, but I think everyone has a different experience and can either grow from it or retreat to old habits.  I hope that I am able to grow from this experience and once I get back on my feet again, I will be a better person.  I was watching a movie this weekend with my nieces, and yes it was on Disney Channel.  It's a movie they just premiered called "16 Wishes."  The thing that really got me about this movie was the moral of the story.  Essentially it is about spending your childhood wishing so much that you were grown up and missing out on everything that goes with being young.  Everyone does it, we all wished at some point when we were younger that we would just wake up and be adults; that our parents and everyone would quit treating us like children; that we could buy our own clothes; that we could have any car we wanted; that we lived ON OUR OWN!  All these things are great to dream about, but I think everybody gets to a point as an adult where they just wish they were a child again.  It was a time in our lives where we were innocent and care free.  The movie just made me think about how much I wish I could enjoy some of those childhood moments again.  Unfortunately, I am not magical and cannot travel back in time, so I have to settle for the memories that I still have of the "good times."  Well, it's back to work for me, but here is a question for the rest of ya'll:  What is you favorite childhood memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment