Monday, January 10, 2011

Still finding my way...

I've come to learn some new things recently.  Well, maybe not new things, but notions that I have not really thought about until now.  As much as I would like to think that I know it all, the simple truth is that I don't. I may think that I have been through so much turmoil that I know how to handle disappointment and sadness.  I may think that I have been hurt enough that I can see it coming and get out before it happens again.  But, in all reality, life is always going to be full of disappointments.  There are always going to be people that let you down.  There are always going to be people that hurt you and always going to be those who try to tear you down into pieces.  The trick is surrounding yourself with those who will always be there for you.  Keeping your life full of the people who will help you pick up the pieces when everything around you has crumbled to the ground.  I will never be able to protect myself from all the negative things in this world, but by surrounding myself with the positive people who care about me, I can always know that I will be able to recover from whatever life may throw at me.  I must try to accept that I will never understand why things happen the way they do.  In all reality, it doesn't really matter if I understand it or not, those things will still happen.  It's time to shed some of the drama from my life.  Love those who will always love you in return and live knowing that those who won't don't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment