Friday, July 30, 2010

KC Makes the List!

So I was perusing the internet last night and stumbled upon this article...

10 Great Cities For Young Adults

Much to my enjoyment, Kansas City made the list!  However, I don't think they gave KC enough credit.  They talk about how the cost of living is fairly low, the job availability is pretty high, and how they are in the process of revamping Downtown, which is for the most part accurate.  I do think you have to search in the right areas to get a good deal on a place to live because some areas of the Metro are a little pricey!  The thing that I think was misrepresented was the nightlife.  For one thing, the Downtown project has already brought us Power and Light, which I have enjoyed myself several times.  I would describe the atmosphere as fun and sophisticated at the same time.  And while there is a lot more to come as they finish the project, I think that everyone forgets about the great nightlife that can be enjoyed in some of the more historic parts of Downtown KC.  Westport is a good area, sometimes it seems a little young for those of us that realize that we aren't in college anymore, but it's still a good place to go for music and a night out on the town.  Another great place to go is The Jazz District.  Not only will you get to hear some absolutely amazing music, but you can enjoy the atmosphere of one of the past-times that made Kansas City what it is today.  So head out to P&L, Westport, or Vine St. and have a great time!  That's all for me tonight, it's past my bedtime...going garage-sale hunting tomorrow morning, great deals HERE I COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment